Saturday, March 13, 2010

Interview Notes - March 13, 2010

Over the past week, I have done a couple of really interesting interviews for the book.

Michael, an old friend of Mike's, told me about some of the Rose Tattoo days - and about an incident with Dit and Der. (They published a fanzine in the 80s.) If anyone knows their real name (or how to find them) I would love to hear about it.

I also spoke with Veronica, an ex-girlfriend of Mike's. She was very open and talked with me for hours. Her recollection of their time together will make for some great stories too.

The more I get into this project, the more I have come to respect the people involved. I had no idea that I would learn so much - not just about the underground scene in New Orleans, but about the power of the human spirit in all of us - no matter what we have been through.




No comments:

Post a Comment