Friday, April 9, 2010

My New Buddy: Wedgehead


You might have noticed that I have posted a few new pics on the site. Yes, I realize they are not your typical “heavy metal” type pics – but I guess that’s what I was going for. I love that metal fans are diverse and true individuals; and I always want to privilege that in my work. The truth is I wear cowboy boots more often than biker boots. And in real life I hang out with horses more than metal bands or fans. But that doesn’t mean I’m not a fan, supporter, student, and true believer in this music that I find to be the only real, organic, expression of self out there.

When my friend Bryan, who is a rodeo bullfighter, told me about the bulls at his place, I had to check them out. The bull that I got to meet (and pet) was Wedgehead. He has been on Jimmy Kimmel Live so he’s way more famous than me. I was able to get into the pen with him and as long as I didn’t make any sudden movements, I was told I would be just fine. Wedgehead was so relaxed around me that he decided to take a five minute piss during the shoot (the results of which you can see behind me in the pics).

The other rodeo bulls there (some of which were PBR bulls) were too dangerous to get near. As I walked by them, they snorted and were totally intimidating. I look forward to going back out to the bull pen and hanging with my new buddy. Maybe Bryan will let me ride Wedgehead next time! (Video to follow! LOL)



No comments:

Post a Comment