Monday, May 10, 2010

Today's Blog Talk show - Metal Blade Records and the RIAA

Today I will host a one hour special (4-5 pm US Central time) on Metal Blade Records joining the RIAA- which makes it impossible for me to play any bands on their roster on any of my internet shows.

Feel free to call into the show and give your opinions on this new development. I'm not here to judge Metal Blade - and certainly, not its bands, BUT considering metal acts get very little regular air time, to restrict those of us who work so hard to promote these bands from doing so seems to be counter productive to helping the bands in the first place. Is it that Metal Blade is too big to need us anymore?

And considering how the RIAA has bullied people in the past, its business practices are the opposite of how metal labels have traditionally treated its fans. Does this mean that RIAA will soon come after (and sue) every 15 year old boy who has downloaded a Goatwhore or As I Lay Dying song? If so, what a boon for RIAA - they'll be suing kids for years.

Here is the LINK for the show.

I hope you can stop by and give your opinion.
AND feel free to call in and discuss with me and the listeners.
(718) 664-6570


Thanks!
Annie

3 comments:

  1. SHIT ANNIE,YOU MUST BE DOING THIS TO RILE ME UP...YOU HAD TO KNOW I WAS GONNA RESPOND TO THIS!!!!!!!LOL!!MY RESPONSE IS SIMPLY THIS!!FUCK CENSORSHIP!!FUCK THE RIAA!!!FUCK THE PMRC!!I CANT BELIEVE METAL BLADE GOT ON THE BANDWAGON!!WHEN I HEARD ABOUT IT I WAS LIKE NOOOOOOO!!METAL BLADE HAS AN AMAZING ROSTER OVER THE YEARS,AND ME BEING FROM THE SOUTH WAS STOKED THAT GOATWHORE AND SOILENT GREEN BOTH ARE NEW BANDS TO THE LABEL..FOR SOMEONE TO TELL ME I CANT PLAY THEM AND SUPPORT THEM,WHEN I'VE MET THE GUYS PERSONALLY IS A SLAP IN THE FACE!!!ALL THIS RIAA SHIT IS GETTIN OUT OF HAND!!THE INTERNET IS JUST A FASTER,CHEAPER WAY TO TRADE MUSIC,WHICH IS ACTUALLY THE SAME THING AS THE TAPE TRADING SCENE THAT HELPED LAUNCH THE METAL SCENE IN THE 80'S...I WAS THERE!!!I TRADED WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE..I HAD A FANZINE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS..IVE BEEN SUPPORTING METAL SINCE I WAS LIKE 12...A TRUE METALHEAD WILL BUY THE MERCH FROM THE BANDS THEY SUPPORT...THE BANDS WILL NOT LOSE MONEY FROM DOWNLOADS!!!SEEING BRIAN SLAGEL WAS THERE FROM THE BEGINNING...AND BEING AN AVID TAPE TRADE BACK IN THE DAY HIMSELF,I CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD NOT WANT HIS LABEL SUPPORTED BY INTERNET RADIO DJS THAT LOVE AND HELP SUPPORT HIS LABEL,HIS ROSTER,AND FAR AND FOREMOST,FUCKIN METAL IN GENERAL!!SPEAKIN AS AN INTENET DJ,IM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY DOING THIS SHIT,IM HELPING PROMO HIS SHIT,AND ANY AND ALL BANDS THAT DESERVE IT FOR THE LOVE OF METAL!!!SO TO SUM IT UP,THE INTERNET IS ONE,IF NOT OUR ONLY TRUE FREEDOM OUTLETS LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY...LETS NOT KEEP GIVING UP WHAT WE TRUELY LOVE AND BELIEVE IN,JUST FOR SOME FUCKIN DOLLARS!!CUZ LETS FACE IT...THATS ALL ITS ABOUT---MONEY!!!SO I WILL BE CALLING IN TODAY ON THIS....SUPPORT THE TRUE UNDERGROUND,THE TRUE LABELS,AND BANDS THAT DESERVE THE RECOGNITION...FUCK BRIAN SLAGEL AND METAL BLADE RECORDS....IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Lizard! May I read this on air today??

    ReplyDelete
  3. SURE!!!AS LONG AS I CAN ALSO RANT ON THE PHONE...LOL

    ReplyDelete