Friday, January 1, 2010

Two Projects for 2010

Over the past few days, I’ve been giving serious thought to the direction I want to take in 2010. As most of you know, my main priority for the year is the Mike IX Williams biography. The book will be done by the end of 2010 – with a companion screenplay as well.

Along with the research on Mike, I would like to start an academic conference on Metal in the South. I’d like to host the conference in New Orleans with panels of scholars and musicians. The conference would include documentary viewings, paper presentations, musical showcases, and spoken word performances.

Here’s where you come in:

If you have any personal Mike IX stories, I would love to interview you for the book.

OR

If you would like to be involved in the Southern Metal conference – as a volunteer, presenter, or vendor, please contact me at stamplify3@gmail.com

I’m looking for a venue in New Orleans to host the conference. I’m also looking for sponsors for the event.

Thanks for helping me make 2010 a great year for Metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment